DEVELOPING: Trump Says Venezuelan Airspace Should Be Considered “CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY”

President Donald J. Trump greets embassy personnel and their families at U.S. Embassy Singapore in Singapore on June 11, 2018. [State Department photo/ Public Domain]

Over Shabbos, President Donald Trump posted on Truth Social, announcing the closure of Venezuelan airspace as the U.S. escalates its ‘war on drugs’ posture against the Maduro regime. 

By FrumNews.comm

Washington, DC – Over Shabbos, President Donald Trump posted on Truth Social, announcing the closure of Venezuelan airspace as the U.S. escalates its ‘war on drugs’ posture against the Maduro regime.

“To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY,” Trump said in a Truth Social post.

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration last week warned major airlines to exercise caution due to worsening security—with more than a dozen U.S. warships and 15,000 troops having been deployed to the area as part of Operation Southern Spear.

U.S. forces have struck over 20 Venezuelan vessels since early September, killing at least 83 people. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, however, defended the strikes as lawful.

The State Department last month designated Cartel de los Soles a Foreign Terrorist Organization and raised the reward for information on Nicolás Maduro to awhopping $50 million this year, even as Trump and Maduro have held recent diplomatic contacts.

Airlines rerouted flights earlier this month, leading several airlines to suspend flights to Venezuela after the FAA warning, prompting the Maduro regime to revoke operating rights for six major international airlines.

• This is a developing story and will be updated as news breaks

Post the first comment!

Your Comment *
Your Title *